Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Niagara Falls, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls LawnSite Member

I'm in an area where the leaves start falling about early October and don't stop until mid November.

I have put screens over my pond and stream , but it is not perfect.

Anyone got a better idea?

All input is as always appreciated.

2. B&Clawncare

B&Clawncare LawnSite Member

You could tarp it completely over.. or your idea is pretty good already
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Bird netting works great especially if used with a large beachball floated in the center of the pond. The beachball provides a tenting effect steering the leaves towards the edges of the pond making them easier to remove.
  4. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Take plastic conduit or pipe and make arches over your pond and zip tie the netting to that. Works very well around here.
  5. Niagara Falls

I tried bird netting and it didn't work. I have deer fencing and 2x2's and that seems much better, but I do like you idea of making a dome STL. I'll try that next year.

My problem is my neighbour has 6 or 7 oak trees in the 100 foot height area and because I have a constant west wind blowing, they all end up on my lawn.

He has tried to put up snow fencing and goes out each day with me to try to blow them away, but unless you're ther 24 hours a day it's a never ending fight.

I'm grateful that he does try something, and I would never let him cut them down, unless he's willing to make me a new dining room suite.......
  6. Niagara Falls

Tadpole & STL, you've given me a great idea. It's a bit late this year but next year I think I'll have my problem solved.
    It might look a bit odd but I think it will be the ultimate answer.

Pictures will come, a year away...LOL