Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikeymike, Sep 5, 2003.

1. mikeymike

mikeymike LawnSite Member

Ok getting time to start dealing with leaves that are falling on the lawns I cut. I mulched some with the snapper (gators blades did well) and blew some into the woods on the outside of the property. What are you guys doing to handle yours? Mulch use a bagger or vacuum or leave them where they lay? Also when doing leaf removals do you charge the same price as mowing the lawn or charge by the hour? Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Everything gets mulched up and hopefully that will take care of the problem if not it then gets sucked up and disposed of. No dumping on customer’s property. No I do not charge the same for this as I do for cutting. This is an add-on service.

3. DMA

DMA LawnSite Member

That was kind of my question also.
    Suppose I get $50 to mow the yard each week and each week in the fall I mow and vacuum the leaves, what is a fair price?
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

it depends on the type of property what we do...some allow us to blow them into their woods, others we blow and tarp, and others we mulch and bag. It just depends on the type of property
  5. DMA

DMA LawnSite Member

Just bought the Bac-vac catcher to go on the mower so mostly I would be like mowing not any blowing or other clean up.
    Trying to decide how much to charge. The bagger did not come cheap!
  6. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Many variables

Can you mulch?
    Blow them to the woods?
    Drag them to the woods?
    Site on property to dump?
    Cart away?
    Pay for dumping?
    How many visits?

All of that will determine your fees.

Now an LCO that carts them all away and pays to dump will realisticaly charge on the high end

Blowing to the woods, aint no big thing.

1.5 to as much as 3x your monthly cutting would be standard.

Ok it is a general answer. What will your area LCO's charge?