Leaves?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by stp4345, Oct 21, 2003.

1. stp4345

stp4345 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I have been trying to figure out how to do leaves this year without a Bag Vac $$$$$ I was told if I got a quick chute for my superz 60" and use Gator blades that it would do a fantastic job the quick chute covers the opening in the deck. If anyone has any imput I would appreciate it. Maybe next year I will consider getting a Bag Vac. but his year I really cant afford it but would still like to do leaves.
    Thank You!.............Shawn

2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

doubles w/ quikchute works for me

e-mail super z resized.jpg

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Mulch kit and a anti blow out kit will work great for you along with a set of Gators.

Hope this helps
    Pj

4. hustler1

hustler1 LawnSite Member

Whats a quickchute, how much is it, and is it a better way to go than the mulching kit? What blades should be used in combination with the gators? Thanks for any info.... Glenn

5. imograss

this is the quikchute ocdc.

440x332 super.jpg

6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

www.qwikchute.com

The Qwikcute is not a replacement for a dedicated mulch kit.
    The mulch kit will have baffles and a better closure plate than the Qwikchute.

Later
    Pj

7. imograss

pj's right, when i got the quikchute i figured in my mind that it pretty much was a mulch kit. i was dissapointed at first when i noticed all the blowout, this was in the spring. it is highly effective when used properly, in quick bursts to keep grass out of beds ect. the way it differs from the mulch kit is that the grass if sent to the discharge side and will pack in until it starts blowing out and clumping. if you open it before it gets packed in it will discharge finely mulched grass evenly w/o clumps.to me its more useful than the mulch kit because most of my mowing is open areas and can be discharged.

8. stp4345

stp4345 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

is there a websight or number to call about the quick chute?

Thank You..........stp4345

9. imograss

stp,
    www.quikchute.comm
    gtm manufacturing
    1177 7th ave
    gotha fl. 34734
    (407) 877-3468 or (407) 257-6238

10. tmachamer

tmachamer LawnSite Member

I own a Hustler short-cut mower with a 48" upper-cut mower deck. I do a commerical property that have alot of leaves. I used to pick them up, but when I got my upper-cut I go over the lawn twice and it looks like there were no leaves. I love it. I think Hustler should have marketed the Short-cut better, not discontinued it. . I also bought a 60" deck for mowing in summer, and changing decks is easy even for a non-mechanic like me. then I thought what if you make other attachments , like a sprayer, Aerator,blower, etc. And I would have one power plant with different attachments and that would make me more efficient. When I'm more efficient I make more money. Hustler think about it!