Leaves

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WoodBrothersLC, Jul 19, 2004.

1. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

You guys out there w/ Wright Standers, what's the best way to take care of the leaves with those? Do they have the ability to suck up the leaves after you've mulched them over a few times? I (Mark) would personally like to get a Wright Stander next year, while my brother (Joe) would like to get a ZTR. He says the bagging systems for the ZTR's will be better for leaves. I agree with him on that. I just want to see how you guys do leaves affectively with Wright Standers before i commit to his idea. The main reason that I would like to get a stander is the price. We'd be buying it next spring while we're in the process of saving up for a new work truck. Please send us your opinions.

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

This doesn't really answer your question, but I'll just throw it out there.

Since a Stander is cheaper, buy that in the spring. Work hard and save up throughout the season, then as fall approaches, sell (or trade in) the Stander for a ZTR w/collection system and hit the leaves.

But more in line with your question, you'll probably get several responses to go with an Accelerator aluminum grass catcher for a Stander. They're bigger and lighter then the steel ones (but costlier).

Look into an OCDC that will still allow you to put a bagger on without removing the OCDC.
    Close the chute, mulch them over once or twice, then throw the bagger on and collect them.

3. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Put MEG MO blades on and you don't have to bag leaves.

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

This is how I deal with leaves with my standers. First take my little wonder push blower. Blow off property. Then take my stander with double gator blades, a grassgobbler and leafgobbler. Mow lawn. To get all the leaves you missed with the blower. Since the double gators shred the leaves so much, you can cover a lot of ground with. Much faster than trying to suck up leaves with a vac.

Now that I have a grassgobbler turbo ten. I can't wait to see this leaf season. The turbo ten is the vac system for the standers and sentars. But it has no moving parts. Which makes it a whole lot cheaper than a vac. It will pack twice the amount of grass as the grass gobbler.

5. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Has anybody used these turbo tens or similiar for standers? Please chime in. Thanks.

6. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

What is this Turbo Ten, that you speak of ???

7. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

are they like mulching blades? do you run jusst one set or two?

8. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Go to our web site to see the blades. You only use one system per spindle.

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We mulch with our stander all year long and you don't need any special kind of blade. We use a simple bobcat straight blade that has a sharp edge almost all the way to the center. We obviously have the channel baffles and outlet blocked. You work the property clockwise and moves the bulk into the center where it can be easily raked or picked up with any unit with vac. Since we have the RH we simply go right over the leaves the first few times working it down.