Leaving Marks In Grass!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AUWarEagle, Apr 11, 2008.

1. AUWarEagle

AUWarEagle LawnSite Member

Hello....I need some help from the experts...I'm fairly new to the bussines, started late last year...this will be my first full year. I'm leaving marks in the grass when I turn around with my Hustler Mini Z. I know what people say about doing a K turn...but it doesn't seem to make a difference how careful I am...when I turn around I'm leaving a chewed up spot on the lawn. I desparatley need some assistance with this...There has got to be something I'm doing wrong...PLEASE HELP!!!! As I said I try to be real careful....but doesn't help.....

2. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Is the ground real wet? What kind of tire are you running and air pressure. Maybe the grass just tears easily because it is thin? Throwing things out there.

3. AUWarEagle

AUWarEagle LawnSite Member

Running stock tire...and airpressure is what ever it came from factory at. It doesn't matter type of grass....Bermuda, Zoyia, Centipede....doesn't make a difference....I know I'm doing something wrong...but can't seem to figure it out.

4. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

keep the tires rolling dont spin on a tire

5. Frontstreetlawns

Frontstreetlawns LawnSite Member

like he said make sure the tires are constantly turning while your turning

6. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

or if you cant master that old K turn then u you gotta learn the big old loop turn. cause with beltd walkbehinds that cant get there grips adjusted will know about this. just swing wide enough were you can keep both tires turning. K turns r simple thou after awhile. out to the left or right which ever way you want to go. then you roll back while turning. just keep light and even pressure no jerkin

7. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Make sure the air preasure is the suggested rate in your manual. Do not stop the turning tire. Also remember the ground is really wet in the spring and requires you to really slow down on the turns.