1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lebanon fertilizers with MESA

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Rtom45, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Rtom45

Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody out there using the Lebanon fertilzers with the MESA sources of nitorgen? Comments and thoughts, results?
  2. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

I have used MESA before and it is an outstanding product. I had a local dealer who recently went OOB. so I'm back to PSCU.
  3. Envi-Lawn

Envi-Lawn LawnSite Member
    from CT

my first round was Lebanon 22-0-6 w/.13 Dimension and Mesa. It produces deep green color, along w/ extended feeding. A great product.
  4. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

I just applied a significant round of 25-2-5 MESA. Have not used this before, so this round is a test for me. I will say this about the product as far as usage goes:

The particle size is similar to what Lesco calls MINI. It spreads very well IMO.

The only thing I didn't like was the dust. It was without a doubt much dustier than any product I've used before. So dusty in fact that it left a buildup inside my spreader.

Until I see the performance of the product, I won't be certain about using it for subsequent rounds. For the price, I think it is an excellent value. I can get this cheaper than Lesco's PPSCU. MESA is supposed to be far superior to that in terms of release.
  5. Rtom45

Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member

Last year we used the 16-4-8 with barricade on our baseball and softball game fields. Both these fields get used hard, regular season starts in mid-March even before the grass starts to grow. Both fields are also used for practice. We were happy with the results and doubled our order this year. We treated our soccer game field and practice fields, and some of our high visibility lawns. Product is a little pricey, but so far the results seem to justify the cost.
    I was just curious to see if other people were having similar results.