1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lebanons confront

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bababooie, Feb 17, 2001.

1. bababooie

bababooie LawnSite Member

has any scrapers use the new product outthat is called confront,its the grandular weed killer that does not have tocling to the wet leaves of the weed,it kills through the root system.
  2. SLSNursery

SLSNursery LawnSite Senior Member

We have used the Scotts ProTurf Fertilizer 30-5-5 with confront - I suspect it is about the same as Lebanon's. It was a homogenized product, which tended to clump with a little moisture. It really worked well, especially on clover and wild violet; not much other than confront is labeled for the violet.

Have you used liquid confront or similar products? In general confront is effective, esp. at low doses. I am not a big fan of granular weed and feeds, though they have many fans. Another product which has worked well in granular is millenium, even with the promise of no wetness necessary.

I prefer to employ IPM, then scout and spot spray.
  3. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Confront is 10 years old and doesn't work through the root system. Sure, every fert manufacturer is trying to get combo products that deliver good results, but I've tried too many too get excited about the latest offing.

Confront as a liquid herbicide is an unparelled product.
  4. bababooie

bababooie LawnSite Member

so its false adv.