LED Bi-Pin Lamp

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting, Jan 7, 2009.

1. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Well after a LONG wait I have it here in my hands now... The smallest, smartest, best output LED Bi-Pin (G4) Lamp I have come across.

This is a great little lamp... its output is equivalent to an 18W xenon lamp at 160 Lumens, its colour output is truly warm white at 2800K, it has an MTBF rating of 50,000 hours, it has an integrated heat sink that keeps the chips and board operating at below 40c (ambient temp of 21c), and it is just slightly larger then a typical xenon bi-pin lamp so it will fit in all of our applications!

Here are some of the technical specs:

Power Consumption: 1.6 Watts
    Input Voltage: 10 - 15 Vac/Vdc
    Luminous Flux: 160 Lumens
    CRI: >75 (typical)
    Colour Temperature: 2800K
    15 SMD LEDs
    Rated Lifespan: 50,000 hrs
    Construction: Direct mounted PC board with bonded aluminum heat sink
    Pin Size: G4 Bi-Pin (4mm spacing)

Bi-Pin LED - 2.jpg

Bi-Pin LED - Schematic.jpg

2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Its about time. I have been wanting some of these and am in need on an existing clients system.

3. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Ryan... pricing and availabilty are being established now. It won't happen overnight. Good things take time.

Also there is the issue of pin location. As you can see this current configuration will only work in some applications, namely where the socket is located 90 deg. from the aperture or lens of the fixture. I am working at getting another configuration made that would see the pins coming out of the back side (heat sink side) of the lamp allowing it to be installed in fixtures that have the socket behind the aperture. (For now, it is possible to very gently and slowly bend the pins down 90 Deg. but you have to be careful and only do it once.)

As an application note: These lamps would not be suitable for open fixtures. I would suspect that direct contact to moisture, dirt, dust would drastically affect the performance of the lamp.

Regards.

4. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

James- These look directional. I'm guessing these work best for washers or deck post pucks? I am trying to visualize these in pathlights and I am coming up with 1/2 a light. does the bulb have emitters on both sides? also, what is the voltage range these work with?

and -I'm not trying to be a jerk, just offering advice. as this is your product you will sell, and many on here will buy from you because you are on this website, you need to consider being a sponsor of the site. Folks that benefit directly, financially from this site should help the site financially. At some point the mod's will insist on it. Your doing so before they insist would show you recognize that your position on these boards has changed from an installer to a retailer.

5. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

David, yes they are directional. They will work perfectly in all sorts of applications such as step lights, mini floods, post lights, and such. They will still work in a lot of pathlight applications once the pins get moved to a 180 Deg. orientation.

I can see these replacing xenon and halogen lamps in a huge assortment of applications from Landscape lighting to Marine & RV applications and then ther is the millions of lamps currently installed in interior puck light, undercabinet, desk lamp, and niche type fixtures.

Regards.

(On the other matter, thanks for your concern. Lawnsite and I seem to have found a middle ground for now. There are several contributors here who manufacture and distribute products and we all 'sell' stuff. The information I have provided is just that.... information about a new lamp that is going to be available to all of the market. I am not trying to be a jerk, just offering advice. MYOB.)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  6. David Gretzmier

so when you say 180 degree, you are talking about the emitters facing up ? so the pins go 90 degrees from the base and the bulb instead of upright, is on its side when inserted? I think that is what you mean, or are we talking about a different bulb entirely that goes in traditionally, but has emitters on all sides like the new yardbright.com g4 led bulb? I was looking at that one the other day, and it has 360 degrees of emitters, even one on the tip going "up" .

As fas as the other thing, I am glad you have cleared it with them. Over the last 7 years I've seen a ton of guys use this site for free,and then when it came time to sell thier stuff, they benefitted financially from thier time here. The rules in the past have been if you sell something to the members that post here, then you should be a sponsor. Those that did not comply lost posting privaledges. Although i've seen exceptions made for local lawn care dealers, this is the first direct selling internet company exception I've seen.
    I'm guessing there must be others that I have not seen yet. I was not aware they changed the rules that much.

Is there a reason specifically you don't want to sponsor? Is it too expensive? given you've posted almost 2000 times in 18 months, you obviously like the site and what it offers you. You've given tons of advice to myself and others over the time you've been here. You are knowledgable in your field and your advice is normally spot on. I would think sponsorship would be a natural step for you given all the different marketing you do. Maybe I'm just wrong, but I can't help but think that you would sell more product if you were a sponsor.

7. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

David. It is my intention to get this lamp available in two versions. One as displayed above and another with the pins coming out of the back (heat sink side). I took a look at that yardbright.com bi-pin LED. No comparison at all my friend, not even close. When you are packing 160 lumens output in such a small format you have to deal with the heat. That yardbright lamp produces only 20 lumens.

As for the other thing... I am simply providing information about a new lamp I have found. Look at my registration and signature line here... Do you see any references to anything other then my contracting & design company? I think I am still allowed to post information about new products as they are discovered and come available. If that changes so then will my willingness to participate here. My 'other business' is a tiny startup, established for the most part to serve a small local, regional and to some degree National market. It is no John Deere or Catapillar or Unique Lighting for that matter. The information that I have posted here in regards to products that I sell through that business has been for your benefit and knowledge. I certainly have not experienced any significant financial gain from providing that information.

8. David Gretzmier

Thanks for answering my questions.

I really don't think I can get you to see my ethical point, so just continue what you are doing.

9. indylights

indylights LawnSite Member

David,

I'm sure this doesn't make you feel any better, but I see your ethical point and agree with you 100%.

Jim Maloney
    Sunflower Landscapes
    Bloomington, Indiana

10. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

I have been pretty stand offish about LEDs in the past, but I am actually becoming fairly excited to see some of the new offerings this year from the various Manus. They are coming closer to Halogen much faster than I had previously expected. Just as many have stated it certainly does open the door for some 'non-traditional' wiring methods and installation opportunities.