LED color lights pic

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Infinity Landscapes Inc, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Infinity Landscapes  Inc

Infinity Landscapes Inc LawnSite Member

Trying these on a pond project. They rotate diff colors. you all know what they do. these are not final yet. He's not sure if he likes them they are a little funky. let me know what you all think. light on

DSCN0795.JPG

New Image.JPG

2. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

I like- aesthetically pleasing. Good job in my book.

3. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

I like the top left stream the most. I think the rest are best for parties or Christmas. I am surprised at how much light those led's are putting out. What kind are you using?

4. Infinity Landscapes  Inc

I'm Using surepro they have 11 options on them from white to every color in the rainbow fix colors or you can select diff rotaions. 3 watts each with a 60 watt chessy trans. the client will probaly stick with white. not sure. When I get a pic of white I will post it . Maybee next week

5. Infinity Landscapes  Inc

If you notice well lights sitting in the falls I trough those in as part of the demo so he could see the falls lit up. You think I should light all 4 falls?

6. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Not sure about the red color. You should look at a product called IlluminFX. It is fiber optic lighting and is a lot easier to hide and you can do a lot more with it in waterfalls like that.

7. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I've seen something similar on ebay. the mr-16 bulb has a red, green and blue luxeon LED at 3-5 watts each. mixing and matching red green and blue can get you quite a few colors if you can adjust the brightness of each. they are set with a remote and can be master-slave setup for multiple fixtures giving the matching "fade" effect. I am thinking of playing with them on a possible lake fountain project to uplight with an array of colors fading in and out. the only down side is the remote is IR, so you must have a line of sight to the bulb. Lake fountain lights only point up, so changing the program requires a trip out in the boat.

8. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

David, no need to go to ebay. Go to the source: www.colorstars.com

I havent tried the colour mixing RGB MR16 lamp that they sell but I do have 50 of the 'warm white' 5w MR16 LED lamps here. They are not as 'warm' as I would like and I have had a couple that have died on the testing bench after only a few hundred hours. They were warranty replaced.

9. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

Went to the website. they need a web designer. the pictures of jobs they have done do not tell the story of how noce the projects are. They seem like very high end product though. the ebay ones seem to be pretty cool, some listings have video showing the change/fade on colors at night.

10. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

David... you have to understand that you will find that exact same lamp available from dozens of SE Asian "manufacturers". If they are not ripped off and copied then they are simply shuffling the Colorstars product through their operations.

I have done a lot of investigations into this market. Dealing with SE Asian manu's is a real treat. You have to search long and hard to find the real or original manufacturer. In this case, with that RGB LED Lamp and remote, it is Colorstars. Call Sam at their USA office and get your pricing... then compare it the dozens of others that offer that module and system.

Have a great day.