LED linear strip light

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting, Mar 26, 2013.

1. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Hello All. I have not had much use for Outdoor Linear LED strip product up until now. Now I have two jobs that I need to use some on, but I have no handle on who makes the best stuff for outdoor applications.

It needs to be 12V not 24V,
    it needs to be cUL, cETL, CSA approved
    It needs to be field cut-able for length.
    It needs to be 3000K and top quality.

I have seen GM Lighting advertising in magazines but am open to any and all suggestions.

2. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Hey James,

Here is a link to some that are pretty rugged. Check out their ice melt immersion testing.

downside, the driver input is 100v to 240v- operating voltage is 12v DC

http://www.sgilighting.ca/product/l.../led-flex-lights/led-ultrabright-flex-lights/

3. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Thanks for that Tim. Looks interesting but I really need a 12Vac solution and am hoping for some that has an accurate CCT of 3000K to match the rest of the lighting on the facade. Also I didnt see any listings on that product.

Have you used it yourself?

4. Viewpoint

Viewpoint LawnSite Member

Brilliance makes an IP-65 strip light (flexible) in 2900K. 12vac, so it will plug right in. I haven't used it, but it has a 5 year warranty and they're an AOLP member.

It seems you're not likely to find anything that is listed because of the "cutable" aspect. Since these products will be manipulated by the end user (contractor), once you cut it, the listing would no longer be valid? Just a guess.

5. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Thanks Andy. Cutting the strip to length is fine. There are many listed interior LED strips that can be cut. The issue is with extending or re-joining connectors to the strip that listings have issues with. (understandable.)

I will look into the Brilliance product. I may be able to get around the listing on the LED strip if I keep things within Class II L.V. application.

(Just checked... it does not appear to come in long lengths and at only IP65 will not work for this application. Please keep the suggestions coming!) I did see some decent product from WAC, but only 10' lengths max.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  6. Lite4

No, I have not used it yet. The ruggedness of it looked interesting though. Like you said, it would probably require a different application since it does not mesh with our AC transformers.

7. Lite4

8. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

check with AJ at IlluminFx, they have a 12v, 15 meter and you can trim with i believe 3000k, CSA listed i believe. I have used it and it is pretty nice, you will need 2 drivers per 15 meters, FYI.

9. GPM

GPM LawnSite Member
    from WNY

I have used that same product from AJ Ill see if I can find a pic for ya.

10. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Posted via Mobile Device