1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

LED Ribbon Light Links from HBL

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by britelights, Dec 16, 2011.

1. TexasFire221

TexasFire221 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

The resisters were bad and causing the fuses to immediately blow. I haven't had any issues with dim Light links but this is the only home that I have LED product at. I just got a few replacement strands for the snowflake and re strung them and haven't had any issues.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

britelights,

when the LEDS become dim, there's nothing you can do. That's where the thread about fixing LED garland came about. LED's are frustrating to say the least. I'm glad its just not me with Brite idea's product. We only have LED at my house this year, so I can monitor them closely.

3. addictedtolandscaping

addictedtolandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

That is one of the reasons that I have stayed away from them so long. I got burned really bad at a high profile display two years ago, 18 sets died after only 40 or so days. THen even this year, when I did my preseason on everything, I had 4 sets that were brand new last year that were dead.

To unpredictable. Stacy send me an email or pm and I will give you the names of some of te suppliers that I have been talking wtih in regard to LED.

4. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

One of my LED Candy Cane LL homes lost half it's links all of a sudden. Like the norm the LL's are all half out. My LED Nativity Scene has blown two rectifiers as well. Mary lost her feet and Joseph lost his head. One jumper had a blown fuse.

I wonder if it is necessary to have 3 amp fuses. As problematic as the Links can be I think I'd rather have a smaller fuse for these LED Links. I can't get my meter to read even one amp on the load. I'm wondering if my LL's sent a surge down the line when they failed and took out the other LL's in a chain reaction.