LED taillights

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gorrell, Nov 24, 2000.

1. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

I've finally had enough of taillight troubles on my trailer and bought and installed a set of LED stop, tail, and turn lights. They cost about $90 per set, but are rated for 50,000 hours of burn time. I'll guarantee they'll still be working when I'm not. Seriously, they are the brightest tail lights I've ever seen and definitely beat the ones most landscaping trailers come from the factory with. Check them out, and you'll want to get some. Thanks, Lynn

2. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Lynn -- are these replacement bulbs, or an entire system? Do you have a link to give us an idea of how they work? Where did you get them?

3. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Please post the link. They sound like a Godsend!

4. gorrell

I got them through Mutual Wheel, which is a truck accessory outfit. I don't know if they have a web site or not. Yes, they are a light and seperate bolt on bracket to fit any landscaping trailer or for that matter, any trailer. They are an entirely sealed unit with approximately 36 led lights enclosed. Check out some semi's on the road and I guarantee you can tell which ones are equipped with leds. Lynn

5. gorrell

6. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

If you want long-term useage from trailer lites, you also need proper mounting: recessed, flexible mountings. See a good line at https://www.truck-lite.com/tl/sindex.html . The .pdf catalog on the home page will give good idea of what's available. Have used their regular sealed units for years.

7. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

We have them over here as well. They are made by Hella.
    They are a multivolt system running happily on between 9 and
    33 volts.

8. Redmowers

Redmowers LawnSite Member

I have seen them on FED EX trucks and some commercial trucks.The only question I have on them is at inspection time and one or 2 led's burn out prematurely would they require a complete replacment of the light or can the single led's be replaced?Because he said it was a sealed unit I am doubting that the single led's could be.I know long life expectancy of these led's are very high but if somthing can burn out quicker than avearge It will be on my trailer.I have been pondering this since I first seen these taillights,Anyone?

9. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I think Northern equipment has them too....and I think cheaper.