1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

LED Trailer Lights

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by T. Wheeler, May 30, 2006.

1. T. Wheeler

T. Wheeler LawnSite Member

What does everyone think of using LED trailer lights? If anyone has them how much did they cost you? Any one know where to get a good price on one?

Thanks,

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I can't really remember what they cost me, but I think I bought them at Auto Zone. These things are awesome. They are much brighter than the old style of lights. I feel like they are much more apt to protect me from other people's negligence.

3. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

I put them on my trailer this year. Cost 49.99 at TSC and they are really bright.

4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I think that's about what I paid too.

5. T. Wheeler

How easy could they be made? I would just have to buy LEDs and some other things? Or are they not feasible to make?

6. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

once you have LED'S you never go back try a local big rig supply house thats a great place to start locally

7. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

awdirect.com might have something you are looking for as well if you want to make your own setup.

8. oldrustycars

oldrustycars LawnSite Senior Member

im a truck driver, and drive alot at night. LED's are a bright, focused light. i rely on the taillights to light the ground behind me, LED's dont work well for that. i switched back to regular lights.

9. Picky1

Picky1 LawnSite Member

I bought mine at WalMart, on clearance, for $19.00. I think they were about $50.00 before they clearanced them out. They are nice!

10. T. Wheeler

Picky,
    Was that recently when you found those on clearance?