LED version of light like Hadco LLL

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by drewguy, Oct 28, 2013.

1. drewguy

drewguy LawnSite Member
    from D.C.

2. Steve Atkinson

Steve Atkinson LawnSite Member

3. GreenLight

GreenLight LawnSite Senior Member

I rarely endorse FX products, but the LF (Integrated LED) is pretty user friendly in all ways. I use it a fair amount under natural stone cap, but it's great for basically any wall application. You can remove the mounting bracket and it then has two screw holes right there for you on each end of the light. I have always preferred this because as long as I prewire the wall, I don't have to be there as the wall is being capped to set the lights. Hadco has a similar option, but it's a Keyhole option which can be very difficult on stonework that isn't perfectly symmetrical on the belly. The output of the LF is pretty solid as well and the LED version is shockingly well priced in comparison to Hadco's halogen equivalent.

http://www.fxl.com/product/wall-lights/lf

4. drewguy

drewguy LawnSite Member
    from D.C.

Thanks for these ideas. Surprised the FXL LF comes only in a single length.

Curious, Greenlight, why do you not endorse FX products usually?

5. GreenLight

GreenLight LawnSite Senior Member

It's nothing really. I use the FX aquatic light (LL, even though it has a huge price tag I find it to be one of the more reliable aquatic lights for a water tight seal)and the wall light pretty religiously. I occasionally use their hanging mini lights for some applications as well. Aside from those items, I don't really use their products. It really just boils down to competition. Their copper and brass lines are just not competitive with a lot of other manufacturers. Copper and Brass seems like a specialty item to FX, Hadco and Vista. I still use all three of those guys for certain items, but their bullet lights of decent quality in copper and brass just seem outrageously overpriced when compared with Unique, Alliance, and some others who seem to strictly make copper and brass fixtures.