LED's Magazine

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by JoeyD, Mar 5, 2009.

1. NightLightingFX

NightLightingFX LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good! What happens five years down the road when the light isn't as bright as it was on the first day. Do you have to buy a whole new fixture? What is the cost of a new fixture compared to a basic high quality brass MR16fixture?

2. NiteTymeIlluminations

NiteTymeIlluminations LawnSite Senior Member

I really try to stay out of the ego battle that occurs here but here's a 100% LED install I am working on right now.

Pool lights, step lights, spot and floods, all LED.

Lazy river, surfing wave pool ( really cool) and water spouts for kids everywhere!

For these pictures I am standing in a night club that is 95% LED.

DSCF5765.jpg

DSCF5766.jpg

3. NiteTymeIlluminations

and sorry...put in wrong photo...

DSCF5824.jpg

4. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

One of your best posts ever Tom!!! Very well said!!

5. Tomwilllight

Tomwilllight LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Joey!

NiteTyme, Good luck with your project. Please post some photos when it is up and glowing.

Tom

6. NiteTymeIlluminations

I do lighting... I'm not a photographer. Sorry.

7. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

8. MAGLIGHTING

MAGLIGHTING LawnSite Member

Sorry Not impressed at all. There is no comparison to halogen. I noticed there are several fixtures there. How much did that cost to light that tree ineffectively? Where is the light on the outer fronds? It's concentrated on the "bulb" and the inner fronds. Nice hot spot on the ground under that pathlight-LED too? The photo is lousy as well. What is with that dead palm on the right? again LED's? I'd be embarassed to show such a thing. This is laughable

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  9. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Wow, that was a great point / counterpoint Tom! :)
    When are we going to get together for those beers you mentioned previously? We have a LOT to discuss! :)

10. MAGLIGHTING

MAGLIGHTING LawnSite Member

OK Sherman, let's see what you have for a difficult tree to light like a Live oak. There are 5 MR-16's aimed at this tree. 3-35watt FMW and 2- 20watt BAB to wash the lower trunks (there are three downlights installed up in the tree aiming onto surrounding plantings not onto the Oak). 5 LED fixture's cannot produce this kind of effective and powerful illumination and color rendition. I'll bet twenty cannot replicate this either. Are you saying Janet Lennox Moyer is wrong? Are you saying Nate Mullen is wrong? Well my friend ,if using halogen 12v lamps is wrong then I don't want to be right.

stern2.jpg