Led's on Rider Sub Driving

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nick's Neat Landscaping, Aug 29, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Nick's Neat Landscaping

Nick's Neat Landscaping LawnSite Member

Im thinkin about putting a few Leds on the back of my rider for when i am traveling(short distances) from Job to Job. While my other guys stay behind and edge,blow, etc. Instead of putting the mowers back in the trailer and out again and again!

Also Is it legal/Ok to drive around the sub w/ my rider from job to job?

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

That's a good question. You'd have to ask your local Po-Po for the answer. I have a large orange triangle on the back of mine but it's not so I can travel on the streets.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Agriculturally speaking it's one thing for a farmer to ride the combine down a road to the next field, even if it's several miles.
    But that's out in the country, I'm not so sure it's all right in the city thou that's not to say I've never seen it done, it's just not
    something I would do if only because I don't need a hassle and so I try to not give them a reason.

For the next part I am dumb, what's a sub?

By short distances, I hope you mean less than a block or at the very least only on the very back roads of certain neighborhoods
    that don't normally get a lot of traffic... Once you get out on the main streets, even if it's a 25mph zone I dare say you could get
    pulled over.

Honestly?
    You could probably try it and see how long or if they let you get away with it.
    I would think, so long you don't do anything really crazy that it wouldn't involve a big ticket if any,
    more than likely they'd probably just tell you to stop doing that.
    It's not like you're joyriding.

I'd probably play it safe, a block or two, maybe three or four but not several miles...

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Sub division? Maybe...

I have a marker light fettish. My last truck was decked out like a semi truck. Whenever I get a ZTR, watch out!

Around here, I don't think our local cops would care if you rode it on the road, as long as it wasn't an arterial road...