leek on driveway

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

one of my customers called and said my tractor left a oil stain on her drive way and said i'm responsible to get it out. i'm shure that when i left there was nothing on the drive way. what should i do

2. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

if they are a customer, especially of good one, i would atleast go take a look at it.What kind of pavement do they have, blacktop, concrete, pavers? How large of a stain are we talking here, drips, puddles?

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

<b>leek on driveway</b>

What is a vegetable doing on her driveway?? :rolleyes:

Oh, you mean leak. SORRY, but I just couldn't resist! :p

At 15 shouldn't you be in school today

4. MImowerkid

MImowerkid LawnSite Member

Are you sure it isn't hydro oil ... think about the problems you had last week ! :)

5. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

You should go and look at the spot(s). They are not hard to clean up. This is one of the pros for parking in the street if at all safely possible. Let us know what you find.

Gravely_Man

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would agree, I would at least take a look at it.

7. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

apply cat litter or oil dry and grind it into the leak area with your foot, real good.

sweep it up and walk away.

GEO

8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Geo is correct on this.

9. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Use some sand, or take some dishwasher soap, put some on the spot and then spray the soap and spot with a hose, then you could take a broom n kinda scrub it a bit, at least thats what i do when I seal coat driveways.

Jeff

10. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

Since it is your customer, I believe I would have already been on the way over there to see what the problem was and to take care of it. Fresh oil spots are not that difficult to clean up, and even if it was left by the UPS driver, you might consider cleaning it up. Makes for good customer relations.

Jerry