Lefet Enterprises LLC

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Lefet, May 7, 2011.

1. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Lefet - Everything looks good.
    Not trying to critique your work but would it not be better to not mound the mulch around the trees such as you did?

2. dboyd351

dboyd351 LawnSite Bronze Member

+1 on the mulch volcanos. Otherwise, looks VERY nice.

3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

yeah only thing i would suggest is a little less mulch around the trees. if you put too much they will begin to rot around the base of the tree. maybe go half as high on the mulch. everything else looks great though!!!

i would suggest using a site like www.photobucket.com or www.tinypic.com and uploading your pics there and then pasting the links here. it just seems to work better that way for me. :)

4. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the resurrection, (and the reminder!!). Yes, I do have more pictures and I'll post more when I get a chance.

Thanks for the advice. If I have trouble with additional photos I try to add, I'll give this a shot.

Mulch volcanoes:
    Some of them we did, some not (very first post/picture) and I am aware how it "should" be. HOWEVER, if that's what the customer wants, that's what he gets. I take the time to explain the reasons why it shouldn't be done but oftentimes, they still insist. I am, on some occasions, able to reach some sort of compromise. Like use topsoil for the height and mulch at the very top, or "hollow out" (I call it) the top so it looks like a bowl.

Either way, constructive criticism is always welcome.

5. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, I really like this thread, and think your work looks good.

6. Lefet

Here's one of a lawn we maintain, as in cut. I wish we could take credit for the fertilization but I can't. We do love cutting it though!!

Edit: Now have to try different uploading of pictures. Present upload failed.

7. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe that doing that will have the same result. It doesnt matter what the media used is, it will still cause rot by disrupting the flow of nutrients in the bark. I could be wrong, as I have never personally tested this, but I have replaced some dead trees that were done that way. By the way, The cut quality looks good. The more pictures I look at on here, the more I think I should start my thread...hmmm

8. dboyd351

dboyd351 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, except that it is the lack of fresh air that causes the base of the tree to rot. If you pile up any material right next to the base of the trunk, you are essentially smothering the tree. The mulch around the base should be shaped like a doughnut - tall around the outside edges of the circle, with almost no mulch above ground level next to the tree trunk.

9. Lefet

Let's try this again, see what happens!!

Krish1.jpg

10. Lefet

Okay, this is the one I'd LOVE to take credit for the fert, but I can't.
    Just glad I'm able to post pictures now!!

prettygrass.jpg