1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Left Note Will Be back

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shane7258, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Shane7258

Shane7258 LawnSite Member

As I was changing my blade on my snapper 21 for I did not want to ruin the what I call good high lift blade my hand slipped gashed my knuckle open... I looked at it and saw that I saw white confirmed it was bone... I contemplated then I wrapped my hand up blew the driveway off and left a not saying I went to get stiches and would be back.... Then I get home and darn near take my toe off on our pool now I am without hand and foot but I can say operating equipment with a damaged hand is harder than I thought.. Yoiu ever have one of those days?

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

I know the feeling always wear a good leather glove.
  3. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Yep, like when i got my hand with the bench grinder, then later on got my arm with it.
  4. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Got my hand with a flap disc yesterday. The huge deep cut wasnt' too bad, it was the burn!
  5. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

You know, the other day I was out for a ride on the ATV with the guys. We came across a sand pit and everybody starting going up as high as they would dare before turning and coming down...
    My buddy saw me just sit there and watch. Ten years ago, I'd of waxed all of them. Probably could now too. He comes up to me later and says, "Since when did you grow up?" I smiled and said, "When tomorrow I have to get up, and go to work where I own the company, and I'm the only employee."
    I where gloves, all the time. I where googles whenever the blower, mower or trimmer are being operated. I don't lift anything without a plan. Call me paranoid, but I like what I do. I'll do anything to keep doing it.