left on the side of the road...AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by castlerockmo, Nov 4, 2010.

1. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

Ok so 2 months ago I got rid of my 05 6.0 because of a cracked head. Well I bought a 08 5.4 f-250. WeLl today on my home from doing leaf cleanups I hear a awful knocking noise. As I'm trying to fiqure out what it is it keeps getting worse. So I decided that it would be best to pull over at a gas station. As I'm pulling the dumb things dies! Well I started it up again and got it out of the road. Sounds like something is wrong with one of the rods. Anyways I thought 5.4s were supposed bullet proof. I guess maybe me and the Ozark mountains are rough on Trucks. I guess I will call ford in the morning.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. lawnpropm

lawnpropm LawnSite Senior Member

Its a ford. Get a chevy. Prob solved
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

My neighbor the ford/dodge dealer says he has seen alot of 08's with the 5.4 in there shop. Didnot really say why though

4. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

I would buy a dodge before I would buy a Chity.:hammerhead:

5. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

My in-laws have an 04' 5.4 in a 4x4 F250 Crew Cab with 80K. It's a great truck as long as you like 12 mpg, no power for towing, and a horrible resale value. They've been trying to sell the thing almost since they bought it with no luck. In Texas if you buy a Ford or Dodge gasser HD you'd better plan on make it a family heirloom because you'll be stuck with it forever.

6. KC lawn guy

KC lawn guy LawnSite Member

guy up the street from me had one and it was a **** motor. they replaced it twice, same type of thing happened. does it almost sound like a diesel while it is sitting there?

7. lyube

lyube LawnSite Fanatic

I've driven lots of 5.4s. Ours are NOT maintained.. as in 50k with no oil changes, daily driving hitting 4k RPMs very often.... they are abused and NOT taken care of. Never a problem.

188k, 295, and 200k on ours.

(Box truck, f150, box truck).

8. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Get a Tundra.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. lawnpropm

lawnpropm LawnSite Senior Member

Tundras spend to much time at gas stations. Sharp looking truck tho
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I'd rather be at a gas station then sitting on the side of the road waiting on a wrecker.
    Posted via Mobile Device