left-over chemical or rinse-aid

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by springchick, May 5, 2004.

1. springchick

springchick LawnSite Member

What do you do with partial remnants of chemical containers

2. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

could you please expand? Are you asking what to do with empty containers or left over chemicals?

Sorry if I misunderstand your post.

3. springchick

I was wondering what you do with your left-over chemical mix, for example, the end of the year, how do you dispose of it?

4. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

If it is a mix in a tank we find someone ( I have several friends I use) to just spray their lawn until it is used up. Say I have 15 gal left over at then end of a round I will give it to them free just to get it used up.

If it is a concentrate in a jug then just keep it from freezing in the winter and use it next year.

If you are talking about when you are cleaning the tank out we spray it on the lawn just as we would a full strenght mix. After the tank is empty we then put water in it and spray it and repeat 3 times. then we us a cleaner. Most cleaners are plant safe and the chemical is so diluted that it isn't going to do anything but it is better then in the landfill and waterways.
    Hope that helps some.

5. springchick

Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated!