Leftover Lazer - Heck of a Deal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Darryl G, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I was shopping for a new mower today as I'm about maxxed out with my 48 Turf Tracer, which I don't even have a spare for.

A local dealer has a leftover 60 inch Lazer Z with the 27 HP Kawi liquid cooled engine that he says is a "heck of a deal" at $7999. The machine has 6 hours on the meter from running around but has never cut.

It seems like a good deal to me, but what gives me pause is that it doesn't have the deck lift assist or cup holder that was standard in 2002. He says they were shipped separate and are included.

Makes me wonder if this is a 2001 leftover, not 2002. How can I find out? Is there a date of mfg. stamped somewhere? And even if it is a 2001, does it really matter?

Thanks for any advise.

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

That's a KILLER deal, even if it's a 2000 model, who cares 6 hours on the meter!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I would think there would be a date stamp on the same plate as the serial #. If not, an Exmark rep could tell you the year the unit was manufactured with the serial #. As far as the difference between 2001 and 2002, I would not think that could be much, but an Exmark rep or guru from this site should be able to help you there.

MATT

4. Cooper Landscaping

Cooper Landscaping LawnSite Member

Darryl-
    This is a horrible deal- dont even think about wasting your money! That being said- can i get the name of the dealership, salesmans name, and phone number of dealership :D :D lol
    -Coop

5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I just picked up a 2002 27 liquid with a 72" deck with foot assist for $8500, no hours. I was pretty happy with that deal. I think the 60" is right in the correct price range. I always thought there was about $500 difference between a 60" and 72".

6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the quick responses. Well, it is in kinda rough shape...the traction strips on the foot rests are coming off a little!

Maybe you guys can help with the other problem...if I get this mower, will it fit on my 6.5 x12 trailer with the UV system installed? I know it's gonna be real tight.

I figure I'd have to back the Z on and have the bagger hanging off the front of the trailer a foot (it has a low rail), put the Turf Tracer sideways in the back and find a spot somewhere (in the truck bed?) for the 21 inch pusher which is rarely used.

7. mickman

mickman LawnSite Member

just bought an 2003 27 hp lazer last month.....$ 7200.oo

last year paid $ 7900.oo for 2002 lcooled 27 hp

they sell them cheaper at frederick, MD dealership

they sell alot of them.

8. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

The ultra-vac adds 14 inches at the deck. You should have 4 inches to spare.:eek:

9. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

You can fit a belly mount machine and a w/b on a 12' trailer no problems. I know people who do that with 10' trailers, however they have no room for any other equipment (push mowers / blowers / etc.)

10. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

FB- He means width wise I think, when the UV adds 14", you have a 74" mower on a 72" wide trailer. I would ask if the dealer has one mounted up to test, maybe your trailer is really a little wider or something. I got my L/C as a 2001 leftover last spring with deck lift assist for $8025, yours sounds like a good deal. I am selling it now, with my entire business, but thats another story. I don't know if my RPM's aren't all the way up, but it is still entirely possible to bog this machine down in thick grass, maybe 7-8" tall, and I am pretty dissapointed in that aspect, but I will check my RPMS before i bash too much.