1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Leftover Lazer Price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Darryl G, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I just found a leftover Lazer with the Kohler 26 HP EFI and 60 inch deck for $8,200. It’s been stored outside and is a little rusty (muffler especially) and the top of the deck is scratched up from being walked on. The seat was up and I’m guessing the battery is dead, because the boots were off the terminals. No biggie. I believe retail (promo price) on this unit is $9,899. Seems like a good deal to me. What do you think?
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I would think that because the machine was not stored properly that you would be better off haggling a price in the neighborhood of $6500-7k.

Just my .02
  3. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Its a decent price for exmark.
  4. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds really high to me. I was just at an Exmark dealer. He priced me the 2003 Lazer 60" with the new 27 HP Kohler at $8400.
  5. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at a 60" Lazer z w/ a 25 hp. Kohler for $6,900. Brand new.
  6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

thats a wicked good price IB Green. Darryl, i would try and haggle em down a little more.
  7. Bigfoot

Bigfoot LawnSite Member

Thats a pretty good price, however you might want to try to get another $200-$300 off for weathering. Price differance between the 27 hp Kohler Lazer & the 26 hp EFI Kohler Lazer is around $900 to a $1000 more for the EFI model.
  8. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I should shortly be buying from a local dealership a brand new Bob Cat 61" Z rider with the 20hp Yanmar diesel for $7,500 talk about good price it retails for $10,528.00
  9. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

my z was 8000 even 60 inch kawi
  10. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Got mine as a 2001 leftover in march or so of 2002. 27 L/C Kawi, $8025 including (optional at the time) foot deck lift assist. I haggled the guy a LOT just to get to this price, and should probably have been able to talk him down a little more. Your unit seems like a good price, but for the weathering. I am not sure how the EFI units run in price, but for scratches rust and a dead battery, I would try to get another 100-200 out of him. Mine was stored inside.