Leg protection when line trimming

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Full throttle lawn care, Mar 24, 2006.

1. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

W E Chapps

2. Full throttle lawn care

Full throttle lawn care LawnSite Member

I wear long baggy shorts here in florida so I have some air flow. Any thing to stay cool.

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I wear shorts unless it's below 50 degrees...occasionally I'll get tagged with something but for the most part I just have grass stuck to me.

4. Absolute Weed C

Absolute Weed C LawnSite Member

And last but not least is a professional who wears shorts trimming knows what angle to hold the head to keep the rocks away anyway lol Look Ma no more hamburger legs!!!!!!

5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

That is correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:walking:

6. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

I had the same problem so I got a set of leg chaps from WE Chapps they are the up to the knee with the form pads they are called DELUXE LEG CHAPS I like them but my helper he says they make his legs sweat to much

7. Full throttle lawn care

What is the right way to use a line trimmer so you don't get whacked?:confused:

8. BladeRunner1967

BladeRunner1967 LawnSite Member

If I'm chopping down a bunch a brush I pull out the kid's old pair of soccer shin guards. Works fine and free.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The WE Chapps work great if you're wearing shorts. Not only do they protect your legs, but since they drape over the top of the shoe, you get NO grass down in your boots anymore. No more green socks.

10. Full throttle lawn care

Bought the strap chaps last night! I went to the sponsors site here and was ready to buy but there on-line ordering system is for the birds. I was able to find the same ones at the same price at BENMEADOWS.com
    Nice site you may want to check it out.