Leg Protection

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WALKERMOW, Jun 30, 2001.

1. WALKERMOW

WALKERMOW LawnSite Member

who wears shorts? and do you wear leg protection? if so what kind do you wear and where can i buy them

I am looking to shed the long pants it is 95 and climbing with 90 percent humiditywalkermow@aol.com

2. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

I wear shorts, and take the pain when I weedeat. :{

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i too wear shorts. you do have to grin and bare it when line trimming, but if you trim right you wont get cut up too bad.

4. cp

cp LawnSite Senior Member

I too wear shorts but I put on a pair of bibs to weed whack. Still get some pretty nasty hits though..:blob3:

5. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

I wear shorts at all times even in the early spring and late fall. I dont care if a pinecone or small rock gets chucked at my legs. My legs are always green by the end of the day but Im not to worried about it. Wear shorts.

6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I used to wear shorts all the time too,until 2 yeasr ago I hit a ground nest of bees while trimming.I got stung 25 times in the legs alone.The first few stings I didnt think anything of ,just thought i was getting hit with debris from trimming.I now wear pants when I trim,no exceptions.I pull them over my shorts,then drop them off when im done triimng.

7. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

8. Turf Cutters

Turf Cutters LawnSite Member

I wear shorts and take the pain. My wife wears trimmer chapps. She gets about two seasons out of them.

9. Funny you should ask, I just got back from the Caesar Creek Flea Market in SW Ohio.
    Cintas, the uniform rental people are just south of there on I71.
    I got 6 lightly used Cintas open weave 50% cotton/Polyester pullover shirts for $10. Sure they say stuff like "price chopper" and "DANA" on 'em, but I just ruin clothes with stains.
    Another booth had new twill uinform shorts for $6 a pair.
    I got two pair of Kaki colored shorts.
    I'll look presentable for a month or so for $22.
    I've worn shorts since April. I've never worn leg protection.
    Mowing in 'Bama I'd think it's about time to shed some clothes!
    Dave

10. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i may be missing something good,but my one experience
    with trimming and shorts,put me back in long pants in a hurry.
    guess il always look like a farmer, at the beach.later