Legal Business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Royallawncare, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Royallawncare

Royallawncare LawnSite Member

I have grown my small business into a more prominent business and am needing to hire some laborers with this comes many legal aspects i need to address first how do i find out what requirements i need in my area for my business? such as business licensing, name, payroll, do i need sales tax, what type of insurance will i need to outfit with?

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

its great you want to get legal, very hard do do at 16, i dont think you can have emplyees.... many insurance companys will hang up on you, and your signature is not legally binding until your an adult so its hard to do , but i think some here have done it...

3. Royallawncare

Royallawncare LawnSite Member

My bad I need to change my age on my profile i am obviously not 16 years old anymore when i started out i was i am now only 19 however my business is booming and needs to be legalized please could i get some help???

4. SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC LawnSite Member

YOU SHOULD ASK SOME OTHER SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS PEOPLE FOR A REFERENCE TO A CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT IN YOUR AREA THAT SPECIALIZES IN BUSINESSESAN ESPECIALLY IN CONTRACTING BUSINESSES. DONT BE AFRAID TO PAY A LIL , IT WILL SAVE YOU A TON IN THE NOT SO DISTANT FUTURE. payup