Legal in PA

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dewos, Feb 22, 2007.

1. dewos

dewos LawnSite Member

Is it legal to place flyer's on windshields in parking lots??? Also are contracts that I make up a form of a legal doc.? Am I allowed to use contracts if they are not approved my a Lawyer?

2. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

This is a question regarding solicitation. Check with the sheriff's office. Your biggest problem will most likely be the property owner not wanting you soliciting their customers and the trash created when they throw the flyers on the ground.

If both signers are of the age of majority (18 and over) then the answer is yes. Will it hold up in court is another question altogether. You should seek the advise of an attorney to be sure you are protected.

Yes. However, you should seek the advise of an attorney to be sure you are protected.

3. dewos

dewos LawnSite Member

Thanks alot for the great info

4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

If you wish to make a big splash, ALL negative, put fliers on windshields in a church parking lot.

There will be no quicker way, no easier way, to have you name as "mud" than to spread your fliers throughout windshields in a church parking lot, especially a large one. People will easily talk about the trash, and the talk will not be pretty.

5. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think id go the windshield route because what if someone has a cracked windshield and then tires to say you did it when putting your flyer on there car. I know it sounds far fetched but I wouldn't trust putting a flyer on someones property like a car. You know how American people are sue happy. Just make sure if you do the windshield thing to cover yourself

6. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

When I was like 10 I volunteered to put flyers on cars for the fun of it. They advertised my dad's employer's gas station. I had a good 'ol time putting them on every windshield I could find. But with the police car I found, the windshield wipers were sort of hidden, so I just put it through the open drivers side door and left it on the front seat:laugh: Oops!

The cops informed the gas station that it was against the local ordinance to place advertisements on car windshields. Since I was only 10, I was able to keep my freedom :laugh:

Your idea sounds like trouble to me. You might be able to get away with it by using one of those pre-paid throw away cell phones. Screen your callers carefully :eek:

7. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I myself, would not place anything under any one's windshield wipers.

The main reason being is I don't want anyone f-ing with my vehicle in any way, shape or form, and when I come out of the mall and some dip-sh1t has touched my truck, it really pisses me off.

I simply think people do not appreciate it.

8. dewos

dewos LawnSite Member

Ok sounds fair... I was just trying to thing of a less inexpensive way to market. I normally put a few ads in the "Penny saver" anyone hear of it? and the news paper. That normally runs me over 200 by the end though and I am alittle short on cash from school so I was looking for a "cheap" marketing tool. back to the drawing board

9. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

I feel the same as fiveoboy. When someone puts junk on one of my vehicles, I just don't like it. Some people take them off and let them fly onto the ground. Then more people get pissed off when they see your litter in the parking lot.