legal or not?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Frontier-Lawn, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i was on a customers property laying some mulch yesterday and got buzzed by some wasp's from a huge nest on the house. now for the question i don't have a fert/pest license. is it illegal to have a can of wasp spray in the truck to kill a nest if i come upon one while working?

2. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

perhaps....if you leave a bill for the 'killing of the bees'

dont know about FL, but that would not be illegal here. You are not selling the service...just protecting yourself??

3. turfmann

turfmann LawnSite Platinum Member
    from PRM

That would be my response - it is not a service for a fee. Rather, you are protecting yourself from injury.

4. green with envy

green with envy LawnSite Member

It was protection not a service for hire.
    license not needed for that.
    That's my view.

Mike

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Frontier

I am a Florida CPO and I am not sure how the law would handle this. However common sense would tell me Turfmann is correct. Have at it and don't worry. BTW wasp spray is good on fire ants also. But once again only as a self protection thing.

FYI maybe I shouldn't tell this. There is no Pesticide Inspector currently assigned to your area. The Former Inspector has left the State and is now working as the Branch mgr of a Pest control company. Other state inspectors must fill in and as Busy as they are they only have time for paper work at this point. It will take the State a long to fill that position I know for sure.

6. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

Now ric if you have a severe increase of un-licensed, in-experienced chemical applications going on in Venice, Florida it will be all your fault :p

Honestly Frontier I think it is only illegal if you are charging them for the service :)

7. Frontier-Lawn

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

TJ

As money hungry as the state of Florida is, they will one day set up a sting and catch a bunch. Then fine them heavy and do it all over again.

Just South of Venice is a town called North Port, same county. It is the only speed trap listed on the interstate system in the country. Typical old south good old boy politics. I stay away from that town and any thing close by.

9. Frontier-Lawn

ya and the northport police are always getting in trouble for that. plus if they want your car they plant drugs in it to take your car.

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Frontier

The one good thing I will say about North Port is they make it so hard on any business with the License BS. That there are no MoM PoP Lawn care operators there. Wide open market if you are willing to take the chance. But get ready for a hassle for sure.