1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Legal Zoom

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by 93Chevy, Nov 18, 2007.

1. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Just curious...has anybody here used LegalZoom to file dba's and what not? I just finished filling out a dba application but I haven't filed yet. I've never heard anything bad about them. It's a very simple process online. They lay everything out nice and simple. Just wondering if anybody has anything to say about them.
  2. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

You don't need an attorney to set up as a sole proprietorship. Just go down to your town hall or county government office and fill the form out there. Save yourself a few bucks.
  3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Sweet deal. Just what I needed to hear. Thanks.
  4. TimTim2008

TimTim2008 LawnSite Bronze Member

here in GA, you can INC your biz online from the sec of state website for only $100
  5. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I'm 19, I've been in business 0 years, but I've mowed for a few neighbors and relatives. I consider myself no authority of lawn maintnence, however, I do the best I can and whoever I cut for is always happy because I make it look nice.

I'm not sure what in my post led you to believe that I was a lowballer.

Thanks for the undue compliment.
  6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

That sounds like a very reasonable price.
  7. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I used them for a will. Very simple to use, inexpensive. I would recommend them.
  8. flascaper

flascaper LawnSite Member

I used them for a small claim. A lady owed 500 for a prunning job. They ent everything I needed for 69 bucks. I never got the money but they did a good job with the paper work.
  9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

WOW sounds like you guys are getting ripped off,,,,

Filed my DBA for $9.00 it took about 3 to 5 minutes, and walked out of the office with 2 lawn contracts in my pockett
  10. kpetzold

kpetzold LawnSite Member

go to the county clerk, 10 buck, and ur done .