legit business

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by james.kerr1, May 21, 2006.

1. james.kerr1

james.kerr1 LawnSite Member

IAM SICK AND TIRED OF ALL THESE LOWBALLIN LC STEALING ALL THE WORK FROM US WHO PAY TAXES INSURANCE AND LICENSED AND I HAD A LADY LAST WEEK CALL ME FOR A ONE TIME CUT I GOT THERE AND TOLD HER 40 DOLLARS I GO BY THE MINUTE FOR ONE TIME SERVICE SO AS IAM ABOUT TO START SHE COMES OUT SAYS THE GUY I CALLED BEFORE YOU GOT HERE CALLED BACK AND HE SAID HE WOULD DO IT FOR THE WHOLE MONTH FOR 75
    WHICH MADE ME SO PISSED I DIDNT EVEN SAY NOTHING AND JUST LEFT
    SORRY I HAD TO VENT
    :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

OK??? glad you vented..

3. cessnasovereign

cessnasovereign LawnSite Senior Member

Wait til he gets there and then call and report him for being un-licensed, if indeed he is.

4. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I hope you feel better because you gave me a headache from yelling. :waving:

5. Cahsking

Cahsking LawnSite Member

a whole month for $75? Serious?

6. yankeesdood16

yankeesdood16 LawnSite Member

$75 for a whole month would mean $25 a mow if he does it 3 times a month. I do an apartment where I am and the people only want it done 3 times a month. I charge $25 a mowing with most people because I'm just trying to get yards right now. $25 a mowing and 3 times a month would mean $75 a month. All the other yards I do I do 4 times a month(once a week).

7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Then YOU too are a lowballer if you are doing lawns for $25 that you KNOW should be priced higher........continue with that thought process (or should I say lack of thought process ;) ) and you'll be out of business in a year.....

8. yankeesdood16

yankeesdood16 LawnSite Member

I also umpire with the local umpire chapter so I'm making a decent amount of money right now. This is my 1st year with mowing in the business so I'm just trying to get yards. Adventually I'll raise my prices, probably in a couple years. I know what I'm doing. My aunt down the street has a mowing business and has been doing it for a while so I can ask her for advise, she would help me out.

9. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

Thats why Im getting out of the New Tampa area!!

Just to let you know there is life after lawn care. Im almost out of it after 14 years. It's to bad, I really love landscaping and mowing.

10. The Kiwi Lawn Ranger

The Kiwi Lawn Ranger LawnSite Member

I do a yard for $25.00 a time . I pull up get my 21" Toro off the trailer start it up, open the gate walk his lawn 40' one way then the other twice. Stop the mower put it back on the trailer and drop the invoice in the box. Damn do you think i am under charging ?