Lehman Lawn Boxes

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by scweedman, Aug 19, 2007.

1. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

A local guy around here has them on his trucks (around 25-30 trucks). As a matter of fact, that is one of his trucks on the front page. He seems to like them, and they work very well for him. His dad (I used to work for him and we still associate) told me the capacity is 30 bags of material, and he uses a nurse tank with premixed PG mixture in it. One nice thin about them, is that it is nice to keep the material out of the weather - that's for sure.

3. scweedman

I been thinking about them for a couple of years. I feel like their to expensive.
    I'm not sure if fiberglass is going to hold up?
    I found these the other day not sure if they are big enough for a hose reel?
    www.fullaccesstoolboxes.com

4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Sweedman,

How much does a set of those box's cost?

I think that would be sweet!

5. scweedman

$700 each for the aluminum(full access) $1000 each for fiberglass(Lehman).
    The aluminum would look better and hold up longer just not sure if a hose reel
    will fit?

6. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

would 50 lb bags even fit in there?

it's too much money though.. agreed

7. ampeg76

ampeg76 LawnSite Senior Member

psssst................................enclosed trailor......................that is all.........................cheers

i'm not all that crazy about having spray rigs and fert in truck beds

8. scweedman

Got one 16'

9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Me personally, I would MUCH rather have to boxes!

I like a compact unit! I pull a trailer for my big outfit (tractor with sprayer and seeder) and can't stand it! Especially when it town!

That is just me!

If I had a bunch of money sitting around I would look at them close.

But I don't....so the fert will just have to sit in the back of the truck bed!

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Someone on here was going to build some boxes like this out of angle iron for the frames and plywood. I wonder what ever happened to that. As long as they were sealed up good with paint, this would work. It would be easy to bolt through some 2x4 on the inside of the ends and hold some heavy chain to a 3/4" piece(s) of plywood for the door(s). Some weather seal on the inside of the doors would do the trick, and a little caulking around the edges wouldn't hurt.