Leland Lawn Care & Landscaping

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Leland Lawn, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Leland Lawn

Leland Lawn LawnSite Member

Thank you! I appreciate it.

2. v6rs97

v6rs97 LawnSite Member

Ah thought they were Mt tires. Look nice though. I gotta be finding something for my truck. Maybe duratracs

3. Leland Lawn

Yeah they have a good look to them, and at a reasonable price as well! They lasted about 2 years, and did well in the winter.

I really wanted the Duratracs mainly since they look so awesome! Supposed to be great in snow and off-road. This most recent set of tires is my first time with H/T tread, but I figured it would be best since I only am off-roading or driving in the snow for about 750 of the 10k miles I drive a year. I drive my plow truck around as my dd during the winter.

4. Leland Lawn

Fall 2012. Showing off the Walker's mad skills!

IMG_3045 (Medium).jpg

IMG_3046 (Medium).jpg

IMG_3047 (Medium).jpg

5. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

6. Leland Lawn

I'm guessing you've had a bad experience? Please share! :)

7. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

More of a personal preferance really I guess. I myself and employees like the straight shaft better. The reason for this is it almost seems like you are arching your back more with a curved shaft trimmer. Also another reason we don't use them is the power. But like I said I'm sure they all have there pros and cons.

8. Leland Lawn

Oh for sure! Ill agree with you there, and you're totally right about the power. My guys seem to be ok with a bent trimmer, but I did buy one guy a special trimmer since he is over 6' tall and was having to arch his back all of the time.

http://www.echo-usa.com/Products/Trimmers/GT-230

It has a 4" longer shaft and a tiny bit larger engine! We have had decent luck with it, but I'm not sure I'd buy another one quite yet unless we hire someone else who is taller. (I'm 5' 11" myself and don't often have back pain from hours of use)

9. Leland Lawn

Pics from the recent snow season!
    The V-plow is a year old now, but the C-plow was new for this season. Along with my "new" plow truck to go with it.

IMG_3071 (Medium).jpg

IMG_3074 (Medium).jpg

IMG_3081 (Medium).jpg

IMG_3095 (Medium).jpg

IMG_2612 (Medium).jpg

10. Leland Lawn

A little bit of fabricating that I do to our plows. Better then buying whatever curb guard the manufacturer is trying to sell along with the plow!! I'll upload some more of my fab pics soon.

IMG_3072 (Medium).jpg