Lemon law for ZTR?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DustyH, Aug 24, 2007.

1. DustyH

DustyH LawnSite Member

I was wondering if anyone knew if Louisiana allowed lemon law claims to be made on ZTR mowers? I have an Lazer Z that has been in the shop 6 times for a total of 8 weeks and it isn't even a year old and still isn't fixed. Now it is just damaged where they used a torch and welder to update the deck and burned the paint off the top of the deck. Am I wrong for wanting a refund or a new mower. It had less than 50 hrs on it.

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Get in touch with Exmark... NOT your dealer, but with the main Company,

" I was jsut talking to them yesterday"

let them know waht 's up, and how you were and are treated, and it wouldn't surprise me if they said go pick out a new mower...

3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

not sure, but good luck with getting the exmark factory to back you on anything on it... i got screwed by the dealer and they sided with the dealer. another reason i am so glad to have another walker.

4. DustyH

DustyH LawnSite Member

I almost forgot, I cannot use my mulching kit now because the welded all the new baffles to the deck instead of drilling and bolting them on.

5. DustyH

DustyH LawnSite Member

I have talked to Exmark directly and they said to take it up with the distributer.

6. MikeLT1Z28

and so the "talk to so and so" begins.... i wish you the best of luck my friend.

7. MikeLT1Z28

no sir... that won't work, not on a new mower, or any mower for that fact.

what was it in the shop for so much anyway?

8. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like you got a dealer problem.

Good luck to you and let us know what is Exmark's final response. I would be interested in knowing how they handle this.

:waving:

9. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

After you have exhausted every attempt at getting satisfaction from the dealer, you can contact your Secretary of State and/or states Attorney Generals Office for guidance. Good luck my friend.

10. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Hmm.

I have a similar Problem with my Cub Cadet Enforcer 44". It has broken 8 PTO and 1 deck belts in 80 hours.

Dealer and I finally got mad enough at cub cadet, and they agreed to buy it back from me.

So, we'll see what happens.