Lemon Laws On Lazers.....??

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by bustin88, Jul 31, 2007.

1. bustin88

bustin88 LawnSite Member
    from NW NJ

Dear Exmark

I do not own my own business, or a Lazer for that matter, but the guy that I am working for --has had nothing but issues with his 1 yr old Lazer. Bought late last year, maybe September and has been back to the "authorized dealer" 5 times, 3 of which have been since June! The problem seems to be the wheel motors.., but for some odd reason nobody can seem to fix this issue. It is not the only Exmark he owns, another 52" lazer as well as a turf tracer, which is 2 days old (love it, by the way). I am ready to have him switch to the Bobcats if we cant get this lazer back. Please let me know if there is anything that can be done.

Thank you

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

We are extremely sorry that you are having issues w/ your Exmark. Please contact our Customer Care Department (1-800-667-5296 or 402-223-6300) at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,
    Casey

3. Langford2000

Langford2000 LawnSite Member

Its terrible when a dealer ruins a consumers trust in a product. I too have been pushed away from Exmark. I now run a Ferris ZTR but still have a 36" TTHP which is still in warranty but I had to spend a small fortune in spare parts. As soon as it is paid for then I will get rid of it too. The closest dealer that I will even darken the door of is almost an hour away.

4. bustin88

bustin88 LawnSite Member
    from NW NJ

Well thats the deal with our dealer, these guys are 45 mins away, and what a pain they are to deal with. We are thinking about getting something new, but we will have to wait and see. Ferris any good?

5. Langford2000

I like my Ferris - I love my dealer. In my opinon a great dealer can help bring up an average or above average piece of equipment. A crappy dealer can kill the best mower in the world. I personally think that quality of cut for the ultra cut exmark is better than the ferris (I don't have any experience with the triton) but the ferris rides a LOT better. If the dealers were the same caliber then I would run exmark without a doubt.

6. eXmark

bustin88 & Langford2000,

Have you guys check on our website to see if there are any other dealers in your area? If not, log onto www.exmark.com, and click on the "Find a Dealer" link.

Casey

7. Langford2000

I have checked for other dealers in area. The closest is an hour each way and they still have the "we sell exmark and are better than everyone" attitude. The other is an hour and fifteen going to Atlanta if there is no traffic. They are actually helpful but too far away. The PITA dealer is only fifteen minutes down the road but I will let my only EXmark sit broke before I buy anything from those guys.

8. bustin88

bustin88 LawnSite Member
    from NW NJ

well we were right it wasn't the wheel motors it was...... both HYDROS! we had told these guys for months that that was the issue. all that time lost and the extra aggravation still not worth it... new blades and still cuts uneven. oh well it is what it is.

9. eXmark

bustin88,

Have you talked to our quality of cut expert, Fred? If you haven't, email me you or your boss' phone number @ casey.kerkmann@exmark.com.

Casey

10. DustyH

DustyH LawnSite Member

I feel your pain, I have the same problem with my right hydro. It has been in the shop 6 times for a total of 9 weeks. It isn't even a year old. This last time they put the update kit on after the 4th try and where able to burn the paint off the top of the deck. The pump still isn't fixed. Exmark customer service keeps telling me to take it up with the distributer rep. He finally offered to let them replace the pump and touch up the deck. I think it is time for the attorney to get involved.