Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rebel2002, Jun 22, 2000.

1. rebel2002

rebel2002 LawnSite Member

I have a encore Z48 with some unresolvable problems. Has anybody else had similar problems? what have your dealers done for you?<br>1. My mower givs an uneven cut, the lawns look like washboards yet everything measures right at dealers and my shop<br>2 I leave a strip of unmowed grass in the lawns even when deck is clean, i fell it is because of not enough overlap<br>3 The deck throws belts every 2 or 3 hours<br> Please tell me your experiences and opinions i need others help
  2. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

This is my opinion-- Take it to the dealer and tell him to call Encore right NOW! Sounds like you have a POS and they need to make it right or give you the money back. I would think that the person who keeps their businesses going has some say in what should be done. Good luck. Be persistent and don't give up.
  3. Bobby

Bobby LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Rebel,don't let the Encore people or the dealer cut or do any half-assed repairs.I had a scag with problems like this. If its new, it should be right. A minor adjustment is ok but what they like to do is get you to buy the mower. Then they field test it at your expence.I had to act like a $#%^&* but they took there mower back.They wanted to cut the deck and modify the idler angle.Somthing they should of figured out before production.<p>----------<br>Yesteryear L/S<br>Hollywood Fla
  4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Geez Bobby, that sounds familiar. <p>Rebel act like you are in total contol of the situation. Tell them what you expect. Don't take any crap. The minute they see you are a reasonable person, they will try to pull some **** on you. Make sure they know about your posting this topic on Lawnsite as well. :)<p>Seriously, give the dealer a chance to see if the is a simple fix. If not, and the trouble continues, you can not continue taking it back to the dealer for a manufacturing defect. Your mower would end up in the shop all the time.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Keith
  5. Dale

Dale LawnSite Member

I would contact Encore directly on their web site. I did this with Toro last week and the regional service manager called me and opened a dialogue with me when the other a holes blew me off. Skip the local boys if they don't help you at first need. They will stone you and bullshit their way out of it every time because the factories don't pay them enough on warranty claims. I expect to have Toro solve this directly. I won't waste my time with those local yokels if they don't take care of it the first time. I worked for a Tor distributor and thats the way you have to do it. The dealers don't care about the whole goods, ( machines), they want the parts sales.
  6. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know anything about their riders, but I have a 36&quot; that did this one day. I had taken the blades off to sharpen and noticed there was a strip of grass a bit taller after my first pass. I had the blade spacers between the blade and the large washer on one side. That blade was about 3/4&quot; higher. I remember to check every time now and check my helper when he puts the blades back on. It wasn't nearly as funny to my client as it was to me. I still get a chuckle every now and then. If it's a dealer problem, they should fix it.