Length of Mowing Season

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JTAYLORLAWN, Jan 28, 2007.

JTAYLORLAWN LawnSite Member

This year I am going to try and attain some commercial accounts but when I do the estimates I am curious as to how many weeks of service everybody estimates???? I am in the Northern Ky area. any help would be appreciated

If anyone has some samples of commercial bids so I can get an idea of how to structure it, That would be great too! Thanks in advance.:usflag:
  2. slawn

slawn LawnSite Senior Member

Most commercial accounts here are for year round maintenance. We over seed with ryegrass in October, year round mowing.
  3. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

If you overseed on the commercials then it should be year around cutting. But if you let the grass go dormant in the winter without overseeding, I would say you would still be looking at a 32 cut minimum for your area.
  4. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

This past year we were cutting until the end of Nov. Usually were done first or second week of Oct. Got lucky this year due to warmer weather...
  5. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

26 week average up here.
  6. dhardin53

dhardin53 LawnSite Senior Member

my commercial acounts run April 15 to Nov 30. Once a week or as needed.

The last 4 years i adverage 30 to 40 mows per year. It can varry greatly

JTAYLORLAWN LawnSite Member

thanks alot guys!! as always a BIG help!!:weightlifter:
  8. camden

camden LawnSite Member
    from SC

I do 32 weeks avaregae. Here in SC we have fescue, and warm season grasses, I just average it out, the fescues may need a few more and the warm grasses will need a few less.