Lawn Care Forum banner

Lesco 12-0-0

21K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  cgaengineer 
#1 ·
I picked up a Lesco liquid iron product yesterday and had a question on the app rate. The label suggests 6-9 oz of product per 1000 (for lawns) and suggests 3-5 gallons of water per 1000..."enough water to sufficiently apply product". I read a thread on LS where someone said unless it was applied at 1 gallon per 1000 you would not see any results. Most people say they see results in 5-6 hours.

I am thinking that since the main purpose of the application is for greenup without growth and it is absorbed through plant tissue that the 1 gallon per 1000 might be the best solution if you are looking for quick greenup.

I also tested a 1/2 gallon mix with 3oz of product in my lawn and saw a slight change in color, but not the change I was expecting. I tested for staining on my driveway and only saw a slight discoloration...the discoloration has me a bit concerned since I am a new applicator (not that I am careless).

#2 ·
I don't know why it was said you would not see any results unless it was applied at a lower rate of 1 gal/M. The reason for the higher volume is to cover all the foliage. Now, i CAN tell you this...I have applied at 1 gal/M and it has worked just fine - as a matter of fact, real well. But I can see how the higher volume aps would help, especially if the turf is mowed rather high. Incidentally, this was applied with a PG at 2500 sq.ft./gal. I went over the lawn twice at low speed with the high speed nozzles on. It was a slow process, but was sort of an emergency for an upcoming party.

#4 ·
I used the chelated stuff.

Well I sprayed today and everything looks fine...not sure if its going to do anything this late in the season but its what the customer wanted.

I did get some on the sidewalk and did not notice any stain...even after 6 hours.
Posted via Mobile Device

#5 ·
I've been spraying the non-chelated for years at the 4 gl/1000 rate with great results. Chelated is more expensive and is used for root zone treatments of trees and shrubs, so I'm told. I also add some 46-0-0 for a quicker uptake.

#6 ·
#13 ·
I had (4) 2.5 gallons for about 4 years...Worked fine before I bought a larger property...The key is mixing the hell out of it. Look at the bottom and shack..Also the stuff seems to clog nozzles at times if not mixed during apps...

I like it just pricey.

#14 ·
I found its best use is when using MSMA to keep the turf from yellowing.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.