Lesco 18-0-18 setting

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by crc13, Aug 25, 2006.

1. crc13

crc13 LawnSite Member
    from 54313

I am putting the 18-0-18 on my lawn and have no idea what to set my scotts speedy 3000 spreader to? Any help? It is a rotary spreader.

2. tdkx

tdkx LawnSite Member

18-0-18 is one of Lesco's premium fertilizers and it won't burn you too badly.(50% PPSCU) All the same, sorry, no cross references that are convenient. You are on you own to calibrate. Generally, measuring out a certain amount of fertilizer and applying it over a known square footage area will tell you what you need to know. You could employ collection plates if you want to do the math. Otherwise, sell the Scott's spreader to your neighbor or throw it away(using for salt) and buy a Lesco spreader with a remote deflector kit and be done with it. The Lesco spreader is worth the money if you are planning to do any work with it at all. Scott's products are suspect to be kind.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I agree. Though it might list a Scotts spreader on the label ffor the calibration settings, it is not the toy spreader that you are rfering to. If you measure an area out and use that spreaer, you should be alright, though. The real results you will see with this fert., you won't see until next year, anyway. Whover does your yard in the spring; whether it be you or anyone else will come up looking like gold, though. So if you HAPPEN to hire someone else for the next season, don't be surprised by the thickness and stand of it, because it is THIS ap of that particular fert. that is going to do that.

4. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

go to Lesco.com, click on the solutions center button. Tis will give you a drop down box, lick Spreader settings. Enter the 6 digit product number, then go to step 2. Click on the product you bought from the list, then a list of many spreaders, including the Scotts 3000 will appear. Then, throw that piece of junk in the dumpster and buy a real spreader. Lesco's is the best around, but Earthway makes a decent one for around $150. A good spreader is definitely worth the money