Lawn Care Forum banner

Lesco 24-0-11 what u guys think?

27K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  JShe8918 
#1 ·
what u guys think is it a good fert? and do u guys think it greens up good using this type?

#2 ·
They were out of the 24-0-11 when I went to pick some up this weekend so I went with the the 22-5-10. Very similar in content. I am putting it down Monday, so I will let you know the results in a week or so.

I have used 22-0-11 before and it worked as expected. There is a decent amount of slow release so your not going to get a ton of instant green up.

#3 ·
I used the 24-0-11 for my Early Summer services. I ended up switching to another distributor because it didn't give enough green up. I know it's 70% slow release but I still expected a bit more color improvement. It almost seemed to hold the same color at the time it was applied. If I have an account that is up for service, and it has phenomenal color, I then apply the 24-0-11 to maintain that dark green. I'm actually trying a Lebanon product now with "MESA"....Just started last week. Anyone else ever use it?

#6 ·
Do you guys not take soil samples before you fertilize? Am I wasting my time? I get mine tested for 10 bucks then pick a fertilizer that will match what the soil needs.
Good thought - but once you have done this for a while, you get a good idea of the predominant soil tilth, type, etc that is in your neck of the woods. Soil testing all of your lawns every year would be a waste of $ as they come back like a broken record. I only test those that I think would vary from the predominant norm.

As for 24-0-11, good product. Paying for too much K though, at least around here, don't need it.

#7 ·
I have 2 bags of this. I am going to be using. After reading this i am a little disappointed though. I just scalped my bermuda with my reel and was going to use this fert now and put down some iron next week. Well i guess i will be changin to lebanon fertilizer for my personal yard and continue using lesco for clients. LEsco is readily available here as opposed to lebanon. The nearest lebanon dealer is texas and i am in alabama.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.