Lesco 3-way in a backpack?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by New2TheGreenIndustry, Jul 30, 2009.

1. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

I was hoping to use Lesco 3-way to spot spray broadleaf weeds in bermuda. I have lost my instructions and did not see mix instructions for backpack sprayers. Does anyone mix this in a backpack and do you have a mix ratio you could share?

Thanks

2. VARMIT COMMISSION

VARMIT COMMISSION LawnSite Senior Member

3. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

New2,
    Whatever the label says about mixing in a backpack sprayer is irrelivant.
    Do you know how many K your pack sprayer will cover? That is the most important thing.!!
    Whether you use a fan tip or an adjutable cone tip, the GPA will be different for each.
    I have my pack calibrated to 1 gallon per K. and mix 1 oz. per gallon or 4 oz. per tank. 80/20 surfac included at 4 oz. per tank
    With the temps being higher and the humidity up, does your area have a 2-4D restriction?? Even at lower rates of .50-.75 oz. per K, the volatility is still imminent.

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Think is right. Put one gallon of water in tank. Spray concrete until you run out. Measure how much you covered. Mix according to the square feet per gallon. Keep a consistent walking speed, swath width and pressure (if you can). Keep pressure a little lower and you should be able to get 1500 sqft per gallon--maybe even 2000. Use a marker and write the sqft on the tank.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009