1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lesco 32-0-8?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by ZeroSignal, Nov 15, 2010.

1. ZeroSignal

ZeroSignal LawnSite Member

Went to my local Lesco dealer to get a winter fertilizer.And they gaves me the Lesco #088296 32-0-8. Just says turf fertilizer? Did I get the right stuff?

2. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

That combo is typical of a Fall fertilizer.

3. jasontimm

jasontimm LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

thats what i run

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

no such thing as a 'winter' fertilizer. You just want to apply a high grade fert with plenty of N for roots to feed on going into dormancy. Here is what I do for my last app.

If I get my last app on by mid-October - I use Lesco 32-0-10 with 75% slow N. Still plenty of time before dormancy for the turf to use up most of the N with this fert.

If my last app gets pushed into November - I want to go with a fert that has far less slow N. I want that N utilized this fall.

Mixed opinions on the effect of fall fert app and 'spring green up'. I don't believe in it personally, I would rather have the fert utilized in the fall.

5. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

thats what I use, Just changed to it this year= meaning Lesco products

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i would not run slow release unless you want to have serious surge growth in spring

7. jasontimm

jasontimm LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

What you running for "winterizer" Grassman?