Lesco 36" WB?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mow-Co Man, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Mow-Co Man

Mow-Co Man LawnSite Member
    from IL

:confused:I don't have pictures, but just asking thoughts on a 2004 Lesco Commercial Plus WB. (13hp Kaw). I'm looking for a backup to a 48" Toro TF WB. I am not that familiar with Lesco quality other than reading some of the prior postings here. But, a former landscaper in the neighborhood is offering his at $1k. I've seen him use it on his yard, which is spotless, and it is in real clean condition. I know they are around $2500 new in this area. I just can't test drive it due to the snow on the ground. I could probably use it for smaller yards w/ gates.

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Lesco's are great machines! they stripe really well, they are very easy to repair and perform maintenance on. 2 - 48" belt drives, never had anything but routine maintenance done on them. now we have a 52" hydro. wouldn't buy anything but Lesco w/b's. Is there a lesco store near you?

3. Raven386

from CT

oh and i forgot.... Welcome to LawnSite..

4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

When you show us the condition of machine itÂ’s easier to estimate:drinkup:

5. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I second Raven. They are great machines and that KAW. engine will last forever if maintained. You cant cut grass but go fire the engine up and check the hydro operation and look for any leaks.

6. Mow-Co Man

Mow-Co Man LawnSite Member
    from IL

Thanks for the responses. I plan to fire it up and make sure it runs well and no leaks before buying. There are a few dealers/repair shops in the general area, but not real close. My biggest concern is the quality of the cut and reliability. Thanks again.

7. Raven386

from CT

extremely reliable! and cuts amazing. www.10elawncare.com all those lawn pictures are done with either a 48" belt or a 52" hydro.

8. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I've put almost 800 hours on my 36" lesco hydro and it's a great machine. Cuts as good or better that Exmark and Scags.