1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lesco 48" Belt drive 15hp Kawasaki

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Wizard, Sep 7, 2001.

1. Lawn Wizard

Lawn Wizard LawnSite Member

I have an opprotunity to purchase a 1999 Lesco 48" Belt drive, 15 hp Kawasaki engine. Total hours on :260. Seems to run well and they guy selling it is throwing in a bunch of belts and blades and other misc. parts. Asking price: $2000.00

I did a search on Lesco and this seems to be a great price, but I just want to put it before the group here and see what everyone has to say about it.
  2. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

Check with your dealer.You may be able to get that mower brand new for that price.And why is he selling it with only 260 hours on it?
  3. I think that mower sell for $2400 new. It's not a bad mower. Is this going to be your first comm. mower? Well keep us informed.

4. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

if the same mower new is only $400 more i'd go new
  5. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

That's a good solid mower. I have two and they are very well built. They cost 2500 bucks new, so I think 1800 or so would be more like it for a used mower. The 15hp v-twin kawasaki is a strong engine, too. Hard to go wrong with this one.
  6. Lawn Wizard

Lawn Wizard LawnSite Member

yeah this would be my first commercial mower. The guy selling it is leaving the business to sell insurance ........ thanks for the replies I have found a dealer near me and am going to check the new price there. if its only $400 difference Im gonna go with the dealer.