1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lesco 48 belt drive

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by odin, Oct 7, 2002.

1. a homeowner around here is selling his 2001 lesco beltdrive and steppin up to a ztr.

Please everyone dont tell me the benefits of hydro belive me i know all the hydro benefits.

A member here on the forum who's opinion i respect a lot says they are quailty mowers so im not worried much about the quailty aspect .
    The guy wants 1100 for the mower and it looks in excellent condition .He has two acre's he has been mowing.

That 1100 sounds to me about half the price of a new one.
    Guess i need the lawnsite seal of approval on this deal:D
  2. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

Run from that mowerrr!! thats all i need to say
  3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

what engine is on the machine. If you feal it has enough power, then i would say that it is a good deal for you. A local co has a few gear lescos and they seem to do well.
  4. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

if its got a 14HP kawasaki on it its well worth $1100 IMO for a 1 year old belt drive
  5. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

lesco used the 15 kawi twin last 2 years i believe. Mine said yr of manu was 2000 and it was a 48 gear lesco. It should have an hour meter as well. If it dont then its older than 3yrs at least.
  6. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 1996 Lesco 52 w a 14kawi. bought new $3k from Lesco

a friend bought a 48 same time no Problems. It is heavier than

my Toro 52 w 18koh. Lesco has 3/16 engine frame, the toro 1/8".

The 48 w14 kawi would easily pull a sulky in 4th gear. Geogunn

is another satisfied user os LS
  7. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I just sold a 2001 48" 14hp Bobcat ransomes for $1900. Similar mower.
  8. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I got the 48" lesco with kaw 15 hp. The machine is a tank. It makes a great rough cutter. The deck is unforgiving if you got some good dips. I've had it for 2 years and have not had a problem. Iv'e used it at a plant to cut down turf/weeds 3' high with no problem. I've used it on Emerald Zoysia and it gave a fine cut. People will knock it but they probably never owned one.
  9. well we bought it and used it today it cutts smooth and it stripes great.

Came in handy with a machine in the shop being fixed.

It does have the vtwin kawasaki and it apears to have been taken care of real well.

Id like to thank geogunn a bunch for his kind privite message about his lesco few days ago

Thanks george