Lesco 48 in belt driven walk behind

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Bennyb311, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Bennyb311

Bennyb311 LawnSite Member

I'm thinking about buying one. Anybody have any comments on this mower. Good? Bad? Seems like its going to be the best deal. I was thinking this lesco or quick 44. The lesco service guy is just right up the road, its a bit cheaper, and is a trusted name. I've heard good things about the quick but don't know too much about them. I couldn't imagine having to way for a part to come in and then have to do it myself. The Lesco guys should have have the parts and do the service for the next 2 yrs. What do you think?

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Go hydro with the Lesco, you won't be sorry worth the extra money.

3. gavin478

gavin478 LawnSite Member

the quick mower and the lesco are designed for professionals, but i feel the quick is a better value than the lesco. You will be much happier with a single hydro than you will with a belt drive. Just do a search on 'quick 36' you will find very few people have any negative things to say about them. go to the dealer and try out the lesco and then go try out a single hydro such as a small ferris mower. Also, you could call up Gary, the owner, and speak to him and he will be happy to set do anything he can to set you up with a demo from someone in your area that has them.

Also, I agree with grandview, if you have the money, go for the dual hydro, it is IMMENESLY easier to control. demo both lesco's and you'll see that immediately.

Also, you may want to think of another brand other than lesco. they were just bought by JD and may not be making mowers much longer.

4. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

lesco is not going to have mowers anymore bc they were bought by john deere. Look into getting a cub cadet commercial, they are exactly like lesco bc cub cadet made the lesco machines for many years. I personally own two gear drive 32" cub cadet commercials and they are very easy to oporate so dont waste the money on the hydro!

5. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Yes lesco is not selling mower for much longer but identical mowers are still being sold. Cub Commercial mowers are the same as lesco so part wont be hard to find.

I agree with grandview. If you can go hydro. It will really help you maneuver the mower in and out of tight places.