1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

lesco 48 inch

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by srk5252, Mar 7, 2001.

1. srk5252

srk5252 LawnSite Member

Hi I was going to start small mowing business with my spare time. I was just wondering if you guys could give me an opinion on a mower. I saw a 1999 lesco 48" with a 14hp kawasaki with low hours and in excellent condition for $1700. Is this a good price and are lesco respectable mowers? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. This forum has been very helpful to me and keep up the good work

2. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, that is a real nice mower! i have two and they don't give any trouble. They come standard with a 15 hp Kawasaki v-twin now. In my opinion, that mower should go for a couple of hundred less than he is asking. 1500 sounds fair.
    Good luck.

3. BigEd

BigEd LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

I was just at Lesco the other day and that mower is $2,299 new. I thank it would go between $1400-1700.I would try to talk him down,I try never to pay what someone is asking.I think you could get it for $1500.

4. Guest

I use a Lesco 48" Hydro w/ 17 HP Kaw and RocketWheels and paid $1725 for it used in good condition. I love the Lesco mowers and the service I get a the local Lesco dealer is great. If that is a belt drive you are referring to, its too high.