Lesco 5.5HP Kawaski 3/speed 21" pushmower

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by nosparkplugs, Jul 10, 2008.

1. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

I bought this Lesco 21" trim mower 2 years ago from a LCO who was going out of business. Love the Kawi engine with full flow spin on oil filter, it also has a 3 speed transmission, and a blade clutch, quick height adjustment, replaceable wheel tread, sweat mower. the blade clutch or drive belt is worn out slipping no torque, and I cannot find parts anywhere online or locally. The only number off the Lesco website is FC150V-ES221, and that's it? Any help would be appreciated

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mowermankevin

mowermankevin LawnSite Senior Member

Ahh the Lesco, why would any company as big as Lesco (bought by John Deere) sell mowers with no back up support? It's the same way here, if you by a Z-turn from them you better be in tight with the shop that handles all their warranty work cause Lesco is pitiful for parts. My suggestion is call Lesco in your area and ask them for help, or ask who is doing their repairs. We have one fellow here for Ft. Worth and to say he has a monopoly is an understatemnt, I only work on 1 guys Z2 cause he's been my bud for so long, but I refer all the rest to Arlington to the ol ex Lesco mechanic cause I ain't working on there junk.

3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

From your description, you aren't entirely clear. Is the ground drive working fine, but the blade is not getting full power? Or, is the other way around, blade power is good, and the ground drive slipping?

You should be able to tell if the drive belt is worn out by inspection. If so, perhaps taking it to non-Lesco store, such as NAPA, and try to get a match for a replacement. I presume the belt (or belts?) is a standard V-belt. Or, is it a specialty belt?

4. nosparkplugs

one belt for both Yes the 3 speed transmissin works fine, but it does have the blade clutch to add to the troubleshooting. When I engage the blade clutch the blade slowly engages,and it's not even close to "full power" it's been acting up for the last month, and no one locally can help.

5. turfguy87

turfguy87 LawnSite Member

I am almost certain MTD makes that mower. Call MTD!

6. nosparkplugs

Nope it's a Lesco, got the clutch fixed two months ago at the John Deere Dealer. $275

Thanks for looking

7. turfguy87

I believe that MTD makes that mower for Lesco. I remember seeing an MTD mower that looked identical.

8. nosparkplugs

NO WAY, MTD might have a model than looks identical, I wish it were an MTD cause I could have ordered the parts & fixed it myself.

9. turfguy87

Call MTD and ask them. I have been told by others that many Lesco mowers are made by MTD.

10. nosparkplugs

Thanks will look into that