lesco 50 # spreaders.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawn king, Apr 18, 2011.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Call me crazy, im using low wheel 50 pounders again! I thought this out over the winter. Why push 80 # spreaders when the only run done by hand are postage stamp lawns! Medium to large are serviced with ride ons & big acreage is done with the tractor! Not only are the 50's small,lighter and better balanced, the throw the same swath as the origional lesco low wheel spreader with the open gears. Check one out, you will be impressed.

2. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Not crazy. I have been thinking the same thing for the same reasons the last couple of years. I was looking at the Spyker 48 because I wasn't happy with the "Chinese" Lesco 80# I last bought.

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I bought the Spyker S40-5020 a few weeks ago. I didn't need anything bigger as thats why I bought the T-3000.

4. corbster

corbster LawnSite Fanatic
    from OHIO

Ted, I have a China made 80# Lesco ...what did it not do ????

5. bamaturf

bamaturf LawnSite Member
    from alabama

i had the same feeling about the pusher. picked one up at lesco he said
    there on sale for 159. perfect size

6. Hissing Cobra

Hissing Cobra LawnSite Senior Member

Since the introduction of these 50 pound spreaders 3 seasons ago, we've sold a TON of them at my location. The manual deflector kit that fits the 80# spreaders also fits these 50# spreaders and Lawn King is right, they throw very well. You've definitely got to rinse them off at the end of the day though and try to stay away from Ice Melting products or the powder coated carbon steel frame will rust.

7. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I was at a Auction saturday and bought a 80# push spreader for $10 looks like new no rust but it had a broken Impellar So bought one them online for $17.00+9.00 shipping
    Think this best deal I ever had

8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Wow, nice find.

9. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

yes I open bid at 10 thinking it would go 200+ couldnt belive it 10 won it even if I dont use it can resell and make good profit

10. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

It's not anything it did or didn't do really. It's that it's bulky and heavy and the handlebars are a little tall for me (I'm 5'9) and the handles are set at the wrong angle. You have to understand, I have 2 working spreaders. One is an 18 yr old 80# big wheel Lesco,(I love it) the other is this newer "ergonomic" version Commercial plus or something like that. Its the one I don't really care for. I need something lighter weight, easier to handle and I need it to hold about 30 pounds max. If I need more than that, the Z-spray will handle it.