1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lesco 52" ZTR Commercial Riding Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by frodoe85, Apr 21, 2005.

1. frodoe85

frodoe85 LawnSite Member
    from FL

Hello, I am thinking of purchasing a lesco 52" ZTR Commercial Riding mower but it needs the drive shaft that makes the blades spin. I was quoted 215 for this part and was curious as to how much these units go for in fair condition, some rust, seat is torn. I know this unit is 15 years old so I can see that happening. Once that part is installed and unit is in good working order what is the market value for a fair condition unit?

2. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

about $500-1000, or whatever you are willing to pay for it. A new one is only about 6 grand so I wouldn't be offering to much for a 15 year old unit. What size motor is on it? being 15 years old it is probably under powered.

In the long run it would be cheaper to buy a new one with warranty. It sounds like this one will nickle and dime you and you will just end up upgrading soon anyway. With hat said, I can completely understand if a new one is out of the question.
  3. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

Good advice, spend the money on a new mower. If that dude is 15 years old its shot anyway.
  4. frodoe85

frodoe85 LawnSite Member
    from FL

Yeah I wish I could dish out the money to purchase a new unit. But seing that I still have lots more to learn and earn more loyal customers I do not want to overextend myself by purchasing a brand new mower. Right now I just have the JD Commercial 36 WB.
  5. Spirit Lanwcare

Spirit Lanwcare LawnSite Member

15 years old?? I didn't even know that Lesco sold mowers 15 years ago?

Something sounds kinda fishy here??

I would run away from that mower as fast as you can and buy a different used mower that is maybe more like 5 or 6 years old at the most.

Good luck!
  6. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

They had a 25 Koh for power, Looked like a Grasshopper. If everthing else

works might be worth 215 to get it working. Does it have a bagger??

LESCO also made a Walker clone. w42" deck w 18 Onan. Ed
  7. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Hey I remember them! They were Walker knock offs.

The thing that turns me off about Lesco equipment is that they have no service. You have to take your mower to another service center or some mower shop that has an agreement with them. And then there are no parts.

But the mower should be worth no more than a grand.

I have several Lesco mowers/ other products from Lesco and the main problem i am facing now is that it is very hard and some times down right impossible to get replacement parts to fix my machines they no longer carry all the parts they used to ever since Lesco was bought out by John Deere. so you may run into problems.
  9. samuelh

samuelh LawnSite Member

I have a Lesco ZTR 60 5 years old and my friend has a 2006. We get parts from our Cub cadet dealer since they are close and have parts available. This is a MTD machine and is exactly the same machine as the Cub Cadet Tank.

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

cub only did lesco for so many years dont know if the went back more then 8 or so years