Lesco 54" Hydro w/b Review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by M and S Lawn Care, Aug 25, 2006.

1. M and S Lawn Care

M and S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Well, as some of you know, we bought a lesco on evil-bay for just under 2K, brand new in crate. it retails for 3600 or so, so it was a good deal. got it home, un-crated it, filled fluids, and broke the engine in for a bit. The next day, we used it for 25 lawns. It was fantastic. It cut really well, drove well, and striped well. the hydros could use a little more power, but other than that, it seems to be a great mower. I was very impressed with the way lawns looked after using it. There's some more left, if any of you are in the area and need a decent, cheap mower, check them out.

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I missed the chance on getting one for myself at a great price.
    Congrats.

3. M and S Lawn Care

M and S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

i think there were ten, only 4 were on ebay. want me too look into where the others went? let me know.

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i have to agree with both of those statements... we just picked up a 52" Hydro and got a sulky and i felt it was completley underpowered. felt like it was putting a lot of stress on those pumps there were times we had to step off of it to back up. im always impressed of the way the stripes look when were done mowing w/ our Lesco's. they stripe better than any other mower i have ever used.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

When you think about it, it really is an amazing price for the machine. I paid 3600 for a belt drive 52" John Deere (Bunton) back in 1983-84.

6. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Here are some prices from the aug 21 to sept 2 customer appreciation days sale.

z-turns

48-19hp kawi 6299
    60-25hp kawi 6899
    54-23hp kawi 6599
    72-33hp generac 7999

hydro fixed deck walks
    36-15hp kawi 3199
    48-17hp kawi 3499
    52-19 kawi 3699

floating deck hydro

48-17hp kawi 3499
    54-19hp kawi 3699

belt drive walks

32-13hp kawi 2199

36-13hp kawi 2299

48-15hp kawi 2499

7. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

M and S, glad to see that you like your mower. I have one with 600hrs. on it and have had no problems at all. They do cut and stripe awesome and at a closeout price of $1839.00 plus tax, they are a heck of a deal. I'm a little concerned about getting parts after these mower are gone though. Good luck with you new machine.

8. GotGreen

GotGreen LawnSite Member
    from STL

The lesco 52" fixed deck and the Lesco 54" floating deck use diferent kind of hydraulic systems, Eaton same as Ferris on 54" floating deck and Hydro Gear pumps and motors on 52" fixed deck.

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

You got the floating deck model correct? How does the deck seem to be built? Is it heavy duty enough do you think? I cant understand why a fixed deck and floating deck hydro are the same price. I know those floating deck models are new and I was just curios. My lesco center does not have any of them in stock but they said they can get me one of them if i was interested.

10. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

Lesco themselves told me the 54 floater had crappy hydralics compared to fixed deck models. I told them I was putting 20 and 22 " wheels on the fixed deck models and pulling a velkie and they said no problem for the fixed deck model to do that because it had way over kill hydralics and they told me do not even attemp to mode a floater like that because the hydralics would not take it. Lesco told me the fixed was a much tougher mower, who knows?